Thursday, September 6, 2012

Roasted Maple Bacon Squash



As the weather gets cooler and fall approaches we think comfort food. For me, roasted butternut squash is the epitome of comfort. I love it cause it's warm and earthy and sweet and savory and I find it filling enough so I can eat it as a main entree. My main squeeze, A, is a carnivore so when daddy's away the vegetarian will play. Thursday nights A works late so we usually have a meatless meal. Excited to experiment with my new Maple Bacon Sea Salt, I figured that the butternut squash I had on hand would be the perfect companion.



Start by cutting your squash in half lengthwise, with a pretty sharp knife and scoop out all the seeds. Lay cut side up in a shallow baking pan with a bit of water on the bottom so your skins don't burn.


Put a tbsp of butter, a tbsp of brown sugar and a nice sprinkling of the Maple Bacon Sea Salt in the center.
Roast squash at 400 degrees for about an 1 hr to 1 hr 15 min. Squash should be very tender and tops are browned.

Scoop out the squash
Mash up all that buttery brown sugar maple bacon goodness. Season with a touch more maple bacon to finish.

Serve with a fresh salad and dressing made with Epicures Balsamic Vinaigrette Seasoning. Yum! Or, if your dining with a carnivore like my hubby, serve them a nice piece of roasted chicken with it.


Visit www.tammychase2.myepicure.com to order some Maple Bacon Sea Salt.  You can check out my facebook page for more ideas and promotions www.facebook.com/tammysepicurepage





No comments:

Post a Comment