I stumbled up one this recipe on pinterest and tucked it away knowing exactly how I planned to "epicurize" this little dessert. I messed it up slightly because I used spreadable cream cheese instead of the block. This did not impact the taste of theses sinfully delicious little bites but rolling them into balls was a bit tricky because the cream cheese was not as stiff as it should have been. So..through trial and error I can say without a doubt, spreadable cream cheese is not the best choice. However, my hubby A, moaned and groaned (in a good way!) and swore up and down (in a good way!) that these little bites might just be the best things I've ever made. Ok, so personally, I feel it may have been a slight over exaggeration. They were pretty darn good though and ultra easy. A great idea for the approaching holiday season to add to your festive spread. I know they will be added to mine.
1 block of cream cheese
1 package of Oreo cookies
2 tbsp of Mocha Cheeseball Seasoning
1/2 cup of VE Dark Belgian Chocolate, melted
1. Crush up your Oreo cookies till it kind of looks like soil
2. Mix your cream cheese and mocha cheeseball seasoning, Into your crushed cookies
3. Form into balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or if you have one, VE silicone baking mat.
4. Melt your chocolate on low in a stainless steel bowl placed in some hot water. Dark chocolate is best done this way rather than the microwave.
5. Pour warm chocolate into a piping bag or a ziplock bag like I used with the corner snipped. I have yet to purchase one myself but Epicure also carries this handy dandy chocolate decorating tool that would work well too!
7. I dare you to try and eat just one!
Note: I just saw in the most recent Insiders Report for all the new Presidents Choice products for the holidays that they have candy cane crushed up in the middles "Oreos". How good would those be in this? I am SO going to try those next.